The perfect Melbourne weekend generally consists of two things – the perfect brunch and if possible a getaway.
But with what seems to be an endless case of hustle and bustle, finding a tranquil balanced weekend appeared to be almost impossible – that is until we discovered Greenfields Albert Park.
This beautiful venue has certainly become Melbourne’s answer to an urban resort, Greenfields has been able to create more than just a cafe – it’s our answer to a getaway without going very far.
The setting itself is picturesque, one can spend hours simply looking over the incredible greenery of the ovals and the complete serenity of the famous Albert Park Lake.
But what about the food I hear you ask?
Well, for the quintessential brunch devotee – you couldn’t fault it!
The minute you see that menu, both eyes and tastebuds go wild – everything sounds nourishing, inventive and above all delicious.
From the nourished bowl (you must have it with both the salmon and egg) to the New baby cauliflower and a cheeky serving of the mouth-watering zucchini chips – this brunch is a foodie’s delight.
What you get here is so much more than just brunch – it’s the mini holiday we all need.
I had the pleasure to sit down with the team and find out just how this delightful venue came to be, and what we can expect heading into the summer season.
How did the concept of Greenfields come about?
Greenfields concept was the brainchild of Simon Digby. Simon and his wife are passionate about wellness and mindfulness, however they still enjoy a treat meal and a glass of champagne on the weekend.
Simon wanted to create a space that offered wholesome food that still had broad appeal and also provide a place for people to come and have a laugh over a drink.
I’m guessing the name has something to do with the beautiful surroundings, would that be correct?
Absolutely, the name was inspired by the surrounding golf course and picturesque views of Albert Park Lake .
How important was it for the space to reflect an urban city sanctuary?
It was a strong part of the vision for the very start and formed a big part of the interior design concept – key points also outlined below
- Alex Zabotto-Bentley, from the award-winning design agency AZB Creative, has designed the authentic interiors of Greenfields. Greenfield’s interior reflects a sense of nature indoors; giving it a relaxed and somewhat boho look and feel. Inspiration has come from old world cities including Barcelona and Buones Aires, where lifestyle is at the centre of design.
- “We designed various unique spaces at Greenfields so that every time someone enters they are able to experience something different – from the vast sunset deck to enclosed outdoor grill bar,” says Alex ZB.
- The space includes a range of custom hand made and hand finished elements, created by local artisans from France to the Philippines. The elements were layered to build a warm tactile environment, which prompts relaxation and connection.
What is the signature dish for the perfect Sunday Brunch?
- The Team Green Superbowl – Broccoli and cauliflower rice, snowpea tendrils, toasted flaxseed, Brussel sprout crumble with chlorophyll and argan dressing (+ optional poached eggs) Gluten free, vegetarian and dairy free
- The Green Omelette – Berber spiced zucchini and fetta mash with broken tomato drizzle and house made life bread (+ optional smoked salmon) Gluten free, vegetarian and dairy free
- Puppuccinos for furry friends!
Please tell tell us about your mindful morning program?
‘Mindful Morning‘ is a monthly event developed in conjunction with Emma Maidment (a Marketing and Business Consultant, specialising in health and wellness, moonlighting as a Yoga Teacher.)
Each month we partner with a different yoga teacher or studio to bring a different experience to guests every time.
Our biggest point of difference would be the live music element that guides people through the yoga sessions and creates a truly enchanting experience during the meditation.
After the yoga and meditation, guests enjoy a nourishing, healing breakfast created by our Head chef, Nick Korceba.
We also partner with some of the best wellness brands to put together a goodie bag for guests each month!
What makes Greenfields the perfect canvas for an event?
Greenfields Albert Park can host up to 500 people for weddings, corporate events and private parties.
Adaptable to the needs of each client, the event space is designed with the flexibility for personalised and tailored events.
Greenfields also offers a healthy alternative event menu as well as a standard menu, all of which is designed by Head Chef Nick Korceba.
What should guests be excited for, especially with summer just around the corner?
On Sunday 19 November we are launching Sunday Safari. The perfect way to spend a Sunday for the whole family. Showcasing breakfast, brunch and lunch in the Eatery from 8am. Followed by Lakeside BBQ Grill, grass games, lakeside picnic baskets and live acoustic and DJs from 2pm. Partnered with Chandon S and Belvedere.
We will also be hosting Christmas Lunch at Greenfields. An honest, family style sharing menu live entertainment, lawn games for the kids (and adults) and a special appearance by Santa Claus!
$95 per head / Menu to be released in November 2017
A morning or afternoon at Greensfields Albert Park is well and truly an experience for the soul and the tastebuds – and something tells me this there’s much more to come.
Image credits: Venue Image – Eatery – Lisa Crooks, Venue Image – Events – Lisa Cooks , Mindful Morning – Unknown, Food – Ben Greer, Recent event – Grand Prix MB Lounge – Unknown