While one never needs an excuse to pop a bottle of Prosecco – attending a festival to try the very best is always a good idea.
This Saturday Melbourne will play host to The Prosecco Festival, a fabulously delicious event for lovers of fine Italian sparkling wine & cuisine.
There are endless reasons why this event is one not to be missed, but to save you the novel, here’s the top five…
1. Embark on Australia’s most impressive Prosecco flight, with endless tastings of over 40 Proseccos. From local big names including Wines of the King Valley – comprising of Dal Zotto, Pizzini, Chrismont, Sam Miranda and Brown Brothers – together with a stunning array of DOCG Italian wines thanks to importers from Festival City Wines, Regino Vino, Alepat Taylor, Winestock and more.
2. Melbourne’s most in-demand Fromagerie,Milk the Cow has tasked their team of cheesemongers with creating the perfect cheeseboard to pair with Prosecco, boasting a selection of their 180-strong range of artisan cheeses from Europe and all around the world.
Each matched cheese will bring out different flavour notes of the Prosecco, allowing guests to go on a tasting exploration of their own and find the perfect match.
3. Relax in the festival’s Spritz Garden, a zone dedicated to our Prosecco cocktail of choice, with drinks served from Australia’s first mobile Prosecco & Spritz Bar, Van Di Vino.
4. For true devotees, festival founder Melissa Bauer, AKA the Prosecco Queen, will be hosting two VIP Masterclasses where guests will indulge and be educated in a variety of Prosecco, complemented by a delectable antipasto spread.
5. Whet your palate by pairing your Prosecco with delicious food offerings hand-selected for the event, including 400 Gradi, Gelato Papa, Eat Cannoli, Arancini Art and Yarra Valley Caviar. There’s even salami made with Prosecco, thanks to James Mele at The Meat Room.
So, assemble your Prosecco-loving peers as the popularity of The Prosecco Festival starts to bubble over! Could there really be a better way to spend a Saturday than sipping to gorgeous Proseccos and eating the very best of Italian food?
Saturday, 23 February 2019
11:00AM – 8:00PM
Northcote Town Hall Arts Centre
Book here: www.eventbrite.com.au