Celebrate Whisky Sour Day this 25th August with the ultimate Whisky Sour recipe from the spirits specialists at Whisky Loot.
Whether you’re an experienced whisky drinker or a newbie starting out, the Whisky Sour is one of the most approachable yet delicious whisky cocktails one can make.
Not only that, once you have perfected the whisky sour recipe, it gives you the “sour” framework which can be twisted to create thousands of other drinks – the only limits are your imagination.
- 60ml Whisky
- Whisky Loot recommends; Buffalo Trace Bourbon Whiskey 700ml
- 30ml Lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 15ml Sugar syrup (2 part sugar : 1 part water) (optional)
- 1 Egg white
- Garnish Lemon peel
- Ice Cubes
- Glass Rocks glass
- Add all your ingredients to the shaker.
- (If you added egg white) – seal shaker without ice and shake hard for 30 seconds to emulsify the egg white.
- Fill shaker to the brim with cubes of ice.
- Shake hard for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a rocks glass filled with ice.
A Whisky Sour works amazingly well in a cocktail glass (martini glass) without ice as well as in a rocks glass with ice.
Just remember to chill your glass in the freezer for 5 minutes before you fill it, to keep your drink colder and fresher for longer.
If you use egg white to create a fluffy texture, make sure you squeeze the lemon peel over the top to give a pleasant citrusy aroma.
If you are vegan, but still want all the benefits of fluffy egg white, use aquafaba (the brine from tinned chickpeas) instead – approx 20ml.
For your chance to win a whisky pack to make this and other delicious cocktails for Father’s Day – Head to: